Yealds 10/12 pancakes:
1 1/2 cup gluten free all purpose flour from Bob's Mill (also great cause it doesn't have any almond meal in it)
1tsp baking powder
1tsp baking soda
2 tsp cane sugar
a pinch of salt
1 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
1 tsp of all spice
1 tsp of ground ginger or any combination of pumpkin pie spices you happen to have in your pantry!
1/2 a can of pumpkin puree, or 1 cup of your home made one
1 cup almond/coconut milk at room temperature (or just almond milk, or probably also any other kind of milk)
2 tbsp of Kefir (I bet buttermilk works too)
1 large egg (I used a duck egg)
2tbsp coconut oil plus some to oil the pan with
STEP BY STEP:
1. In a bowl, whisk all the dry ingredients
2. In a separate bowl whisk all the wet ingredients.
3. Now whisk the two together. You should start seeing little bubbles in the mix.
You know what I discovered? That if you forget one of the ingredients once you have already mixed the two together, it's not the end of the world! Just add it and whisk it with some energy. And everything will be just fine…!
4. Heat up the pan, throw some coconut oil on it so the pancakes won't stick.
5. With a spoon scoop the batter into the hot pan, making flat pancakes of the size you prefer. With this batter I would say the smaller the better.
Once you see the bubbles exploding on the top (a few minutes), flip them and cook them for an extra 2 or 3 minutes.
6. Serve with maple syrup. I buy mine from Woods Syrup.
|Check out how fluffy the are!|
|This is a picture of my last serving, as you can see by all the syrup on the plate!|
I hope you enjoy them as much as I did. I had 4… !!!