Good news everyone!
Remember that video that tried to teach everybody how to achieve the perfect cookie for your taste? Forget about that! If you like them crispy this is the recipe for you :-)
The video above has the step by step, but for those out there that prefer a reading experience, I'll write out here as well. Because that's how much I love you and I care.
CRISPY AND THIN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
2 cups/260gr flour
1 tsp/6 gr baking soda
1tsp/ 10gr salt
1 cup/226gr butter
1 cup/200gr sugar
1/2 cup/80gr brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups of your favorite chocolate chips, I chose a mix of milk chocolate and dark chocolate at 70%, but you can also buy the semi sweet pre-cut chocolate chips
Kitchen Aid with the paddle attachment, or your hands..
Don't forget to give me a thumbs up if you liked the video, feel free to share it with your friends, and if you make it, I'd love to know how it turns out, leave a comment here or on your favorite social network!
STEP BY STEP:
1. Start by cutting the butter in smaller chunks so you will be able to work it more easily.
2. In a bowl work the butter with the sugar until you get a nice smooth golden brown blend. Taste it if you dare.
3. Add the egg. Whip it real good.
4. Add the flour, salt, baking soda. If using the kitchen aid, careful not to splash flour all over the place when you turn it on.
5. Add the vanilla extract and the chocolate chips. Insert sarcastic comment here.
6. Cover the bowl with a plate (for the love of Mother Earth stop using cellophane), and let it set in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
7. Once the dough has had the time to set, you can start making little cookie balls, 1 inch (1.5cm) of diameter more or less (small...for those of you who aren't good at geometry). Organize your cookie balls on the cookie sheet, at a fair distance from one another, they'll spread a lot.
8. Bake at 375F/180C for about 7 minutes. They should be golden brown on the edges and very soft in the middle. Not to worry though! Give it a minute and then with a spatula get them on the cooling rack. They will be super crunchy in no time!
Let me know if you try them!
DON’T FORGET TO LIKE COMMENT AND SHARE!!
Instagram (***NEW***) @realitaliankitchen