It's savory, it's cheesy, it might even have a vegetable in it so you don't feel too bad…!
Potato Gnocchi can be a bit heavy, so keep the portions small, accompany with a salad, and everything will be juuuuust fine.
Ingredients for two hungry people:
-A box of Gnocchi De Cecco, all of it serves up to 3 people, we were hungry… (Or you can make your own potato Gnocchi. I make mine only once a year because I eat them all in one sitting)
-A small broccoli crown
-1 tbsp Gorgonzola (use more if your Gorgonzola is not very strong)
-2 tbsp Cream cheese (I like the Laughing Cow, but you can use anything that melts well like Fontina or American Cheese)
-2 or 3 chunks of Brie (not mandatory, but I had some in the fridge I wanted to get rid of)
-1/4 cup heavy cream (or for a lighter result, just some water)
-Grated Pecorino Romano
Step by step:
1. Mince the shallot and sautee them in a non stick pan with some butter
2. When the shallot results clear, add the finely chopped broccoli, half a glass of water, and let the veggies cook.
3. Add the cream cheese, the brie, the gorgonzola, a little heavy cream, cover with a lid and let everything melt… mmmh…
4. Season with nut meg, salt, some pepper.
5. Gnocchi takes only a few minutes to cook, so wait for the sauce to be ready before throwing your gnocchi in abundant hot salted water.
6. Drain the gnocchi and sautee them in the sauce until all the liquid has been absorbed and it results a nice "tight" cheesy sauce.
7. Serve with some grated pecorino romano on top.